California Pizza Kitchen, Inc. and its affiliates (“we,” “us,” “our,” or "CPK") care about your privacy and treat your personal information with respect and sensitivity. Our Privacy Statement is intended to describe how we collect and use your personally identifiable information. This Privacy Statement applies information we collect through our website located at www.cpk.com and our mobile application ("App") as well as any information collected in any of our restaurants or via social media. (Our website and App are collectively referred to as, the "Sites" and each, a "Site.")
1. Information We Collect.a. Personally Identifiable Information.
b. Social Networking Information
We may provide the opportunity for you to post information about yourself and/or your experiences with us through various social media websites (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google Plus, and Pinterest), including for purposes of entering any contest or sweepstakes. Remember that any information you post will become publicly available, so please use discretion. We may ask you to share information about you stored on social networks and other third-party services in order to personalize your experience on the Site. This information may include PII, such as your username or ID and email address, as well as interests, activities, and relationships to other users of the Sites or of social media. We may use your PII to locate you via social media for marketing purposes.
c. Contact information for email newsletters, emails and/or mobile offers
From time to time, we send newsletters, emails, push notifications, and/or other communications to share information or special offers about the Sites, the Services, contests and sweepstakes, special events, or our restaurants. If you have registered with any of our Sites, you are likely to receive such communications. If you provide us with your mobile number and elect to do so, you may receive text notifications as well. Remember, if you elect to receive texts from us, your wireless carrier may impose a charge on inbound and outbound text messages. Please check with your wireless carrier for details.
You may opt out of receiving promotional email communications from us by modifying your email preferences in your account profile or by following the instructions or links contained in the communications when we send them to you. You may opt out of receiving text messages by following the instructions in the text message. You may opt out of receiving push notifications on your mobile device by adjusting your notifications settings. Please note that if you opt out of receiving promotional communications, you may still receive transactional communications from us, including emails about your account or your purchases.
d. Entry information for Contests or Sweepstakes
From time to time, we may operate contests, sweepstakes or other promotions through our Site, our social media outlets, or in our restaurants, which may require registration on a Site or in our Pizza Dough Rewards Program in order to enter. The PII that may be collected in an entry or similar form includes, but may not be limited to, your first name, last name, zip code, phone number, age, and email address. Your entry in the contest or sweepstakes may also result in your being added to our mailing/texting lists.
Winners of contests, sweepstakes, and/or promotions will often be required to provide additional PII in order to authenticate themselves and collect a prize. Entry into a contest or sweepstakes or acceptance of a prize may also require you (unless prohibited by law) to allow us to post publicly some of your information on the Site or our promotional materials, such as on a winner's page, in the event you win a contest or sweepstakes. Your PII may be used by us to contact you for winner notification, prize delivery confirmation, or other promotional purposes.
e. Information collected for Surveys or Voting
From time-to-time, we may request PII from you via surveys or voting polls. Most surveys will be anonymous and will not request your PII. However, at times, you may have to register to vote or to take part in a survey. All survey participation is, of course, voluntary, and you will be able to decide what information to provide.
2. Cookies and Tracking Technologies.a. Cookies
b. Location Information
If you are using our App and have location services enabled on your device, we may collect information about the location of your device, including GPS location, for purposes of improving our services, providing you with information regarding restaurants near you, providing you with offers, enabling you to remote order and pay for our products, or delivering products or having products delivered by a Provider. Depending on the settings on your device, we may receive location information even if you are not directly interacting with the App. If you do not wish to share this information with us, you can adjust your locations settings or turn them off for our App. Our App links to our Provider Olo, which may share location information with us. Information we receive from Providers is used for the same purposes we describe herein. We may also receive location information from Google Analytics.
3. Use of Information.We may use personal information and non-personal data we collect for our own research and commercial purposes. This information includes, without limitation, the areas/features our users visit most frequently, user preferences, and location information. We use this information to improve the Site, improve the Services, and for marketing purposes. We may combine information that we collect from you from different means online as well as offline (or through the App) into one customer database, and use that information in order to communicate with you and to determine what information and offers to send to you.
We use your PII in order to store your preferences, improve your experience on the Sites, to send communications, advertisements, and information to you (including via social media) regarding the Sites, our restaurants, and special offers. We may also send you information about third-party products and services that we think you may find of interest. We may share your PII with our Providers for these purposes.
4. Choice and Access.If you do not wish to receive offers or other notices from us in the future, you can "opt out" by contacting us at the address indicated at the end of this Privacy Statement or by following the procedures stated in any communication.
To review your PII, make any changes or corrections or to request that we remove your information please contact us at the address listed below or update your profile on our Site. We will try to complete your request as promptly as possible. Any changes will affect only future uses of your PII.
5. Security.We store and process PII on servers and computers we control in the U.S. Because we take the security of your information seriously, we use reasonable technical and administrative security measures designed to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to data centers, and information access authorization controls.
While we have implemented reasonable security measures please keep in mind that "perfect security" does not exist on the internet or elsewhere and no transmission of information is guaranteed to be completely secure. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise data security. You acknowledge and agree to assume this risk when communicating with us. You are also responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of any member name and password you use in connection with the Sites. If you believe that your account information is being used in an unauthorized fashion, you must contact us immediately.
We do not publish names, ages, or images of anyone under 13 without first receiving parental or guardian consent.
If you have knowledge that a child under the age of 13 has submitted PII to us or if parents or guardians want to review, change or delete their child's registration information, simply contact us via email, by clicking on the link on the registration page or by writing us at the address below. Parents can also telephone us at 310-342-5000. Parents will be required to provide verification in order to access or change information.
7. Limitation of Liability.By providing us with any PII or other information and by using our Sites you expressly and unconditionally release and hold us and our Providers harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss, or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the use and/or misuse of your PII or other information about you. In addition, while we take efforts to ensure the proper and appropriate use of data by our Providers and third parties that may receive your information from us, we cannot be liable for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the use and/or misuse of your PII caused by those Providers and third parties.
8. International Users.This Site is operated from the United States and intended to be used by users located in the United States. Laws in the United States may differ from the laws of your home country. By providing information to us through the Sites, you authorize us to transfer, store, and process your information in the United States and in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
9. Your Privacy Rights in California.If you are a California resident, you have the right to request information about how we share certain categories of personal information with third parties. California law gives you the right to send us a request at a designated address to receive the following information:
- categories of information we disclose to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year;
- names and addresses of the third parties that received that information; and
- if the nature of the third party's business cannot be determined from their name, examples of the products or services marketed.